It may be cold outside but that doesn’t mean you have to be. Bust out the sunless tanning lotion. Summer’s only five months away, so here are five favorite things to get you ready now.
1. Straw beach bag: Who doesn’t need a classic bag for a day at the beach of a trip around town? A seagrass one’s big enough to tote a few toys and diapers, too. $48. J.Crew
2. Peonies: A vase of fragrant flowers will always chase away the winter blues. Choose roses, lilacs, hyacinths or plumeria. I personally melt for peonies —- the staple of my wedding bouquet. $70. Teleflora
3. Rancho Zabaco Zinfandel: This bold Zin features fruity notes and just the right amount of oak to compliment grilled lamb or beef. And hey, it’s cheap, too. $13. Total Wine & More
4. Spider Lily Bath Salt: Blended with sea salt, tropical oils and seaweed, it’s the next best thing to floating around the Caribbean. $30. Crabtree & Evelyn
5. Jack Johnson: We’re big fans of this Hawaii-born crooner in our house. A former surfer, Johnson will chase away ole Jack Frost with his mellow, acoustic sound. Try “Brushfire Fairytales” for a relaxing vibe. $10. Tower Records
–By Janel Jacobs, OrlandoSentinel.com/momsatwork
Find more advice for moms at http://orlandosentinel.com/momsatwork