Jan
14

Students OK after confusing rat poison for candy

Posted in News
by Lorain County Moms

By the Associated Press

SAN FRANCISCO — Authorities say seven San Francisco middle school students have been taken to hospitals after apparently mistaking rat poison for candy.

San Francisco Fire Department Lt. Mindy Talmadge says students from the Martin Luther King Jr. Academic Middle School were taken to three hospitals Thursday afternoon after ingesting a blue cube they found atop a filing cabinet.

Talmadge said crews were called to the school after one of the students told a parent about the incident. A teacher later called poison control.

Talmadge said while the children showed no symptoms, and that they were taken to hospitals as a precaution.

School officials say the incident is under investigation.

Add A Comment

You must be logged in to post a comment. User agreement and discussion guidelines.