Disney FamilyFun magazine
Marble-Print Bookplates: For 3 years and up.
Help your little bibliophile make colorful labels that can be used to personalize her own book collection or given as gifts.
You will need:
- Bookplate template (available at FamilyFun.com/magazine)
- Painter’s tape
- Box or container with tall sides
- Tempera paints in 2 or 3 colors
- 5 or 6 marbles
- 8½ by 11-inch paper
- Glue stick
- Print out the template and cover the name boxes with painter’s tape as shown above. Set the template in the box. Tip: To keep the template from sliding, stick a small roll of painter’s tape under each corner.
- Squirt paint along the sides of the template, then drop in the marbles. Show your child how to gently tilt the box, so that the marbles roll through the paint and across the template.
- Let the template dry, then carefully peel off the painter’s tape. Color copy the template onto 8½ by 11-inch paper and cut out the bookplates.
- Glue each one to the first page of a book or wrap them up as a gift. A plastic index-card holder (available at office supply stores) makes a great gift box — packed with a glue stick.